You have decided to reset the configuration of your Linksys wifi router because of some reasons, maybe for security purposes. There are two ways you can do. You can pick below which you think you can do easily.
- Make certain that your router is plug-in and attached to the power. Go through the back and lower part on the router and look for the “Reset” link. The button is notable for the purpose and recessed using a tiny hole to keep injuries of resetting it.
- You would use a straightened paper clip or any pointed items and press the Reset button until the power light starts off flashing. The method will be done in 10 seconds and for previous modems could take 30 seconds.
- In that case, release the button and wait until the light will minimize from flashing. If ever the light would not quit from blinking after 60 seconds of removing it, you will need to move immediately to an alternative step.
- Detach the modem router in the electrical power cable for approximately 30 seconds after which plug it once more. A fresh model of Linksys routers wouldn’t absolutely need this approach but it won’t cause a harm to try. Your router now has eventually been totally reset to its default factory environment and prepared for new settings.
How to reset on your computer?
- Simply input your web browser 192.168.1.1. Type in the username and password you will have created. If you never set, just keep the username blank and key in “admin” on password area.
- Go to “Administration” tab and after that just go for “Factory Defaults” to the sub-tab.
- And lastly, choose the “Restore Factory Defaults” tab and also your router will totally reset.